Mixed Media Adventurer, Cutesy Collagist, Artkeyologist. This is my fun behind-the-scenes Blog where I do not have to be grammatically correct and stuff. I have linked to my more professional Social Media on the Sidebar. This is just kind of a basic throw-up of what I am currently researching or working on.
Sunday, October 25, 2015
How to Draw Basic Boxes A Tutorial in Textual Art
okay, I have been in a real street-art kick lately. I have been wanting to add a language element (and some edge) to my art for a long time similar to Basquiat's. The problem with that is that I do not want to be a copycat of Basquiat. Sometimes, I collage in typefaces which is cool. but I thought it might be fun to create my own alphabet or (not so) secret code or something. This is a very interesting video (from a street perspective) of how fonts are formed.
This video and Rammelzees Iconic Treatise on Gothic Futurism have provided me so much inspiration lately. I have rewritten a more powerful alphabet and the beginnings my own Graffiti alphabet. Basically, it will allow me to write in my own representation of the Latin alphabet without Romanizing it...Go back to the beginning basically. Maybe Greek since its recognizable not sure. Ramm already kind of based his on Greek (I think, I am still researching).
I have issues with the Catholic Church hiding early translations of the bible and how both the Pagan Romans and Roman Catholic Church enjoyed destroying all of the anthropological records of cultures they conquered or assimilated.
I was born Catholic don't get me wrong. I don't hate the church or anything but the Archaeologist in me just wants to know more about the past. There are secrets and history that the church in Rome, hides from us for some reason. But that is okay. It doesn't really bother me that much. It's just the way the world is. Information is power and whatever they have destroyed or locked away must have power against them.
The only power I am worried about is through art lol. My world is a better world without greed and such. But I am living in a dream world too then again.
I understand why some people thought Rammelzee was crazy but he wasn't. He just knew more about language and how it is written than most normal people do today. Lets face it, most of us just write the letters we were taught in grammar school. Only Graffiti artists (and other artists), marketing people and professors of language ever think about what actually goes into these things.
Related Topics
Coming Soon
Labels:
Art,
Art Videos,
Font,
Graffi,
Textual Art,
Video
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment