This is an interesting video by Michael Cuffe on how to promote you Art through Social Media. I have found some other videos that are also helpful that I am going to integrate. I am mainly interested in this for promoting my wife's Crochet Art because she is very talented. But, I figured it couldn't hurt to clean up and professionalize my own Social Media. I am in the early stages of setting all this up but I have all the pages created and hopefully I can continue construction aggressively.
I have listed some of the key points of this video below for my benefit and hopefully yours.
Summary
1. Followers are worth 3 Dollars in now or potential revenue. (that is the value Multinationals put on them).
2. Post Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures
3. Description of your work should come before the hashtags
4. Dont overdue the hashtags, degrades your brand because it makes you look desperate
5. Link your Instagram to your Artists Facebook Page
6. An Artist Facebook page is separate from your personal page
7. dont do a lot of writing on tumblr
8. Wordpress is the most Search Engine Friendly for noobies
9. Mail Chimp is the best newsletter service.
10. 3-5 posts is a good range for Facebook ans Social Media
11. Picture then Description then a few Hashtags a few times a day.
Social Media Sites in Order of Importance for Artists
1. Facebook
2. Personal Webpage (close tie in my book)
3. Instagram - Still Very Important
4. Tumblr
5. Twitter
6. Google +
Okay I will be adding more to this as I have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment