This is a bit of a rant. But I have begun unfollowing ever gallery or artist that unfollows me across the board no matter how inspiring they are to me or how much I enjoy their work.
This is a real shame and I blame Instagram automation. I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that I do not use automation. I do. But I either program it to find more artists of a style that inspires me or provide likes for my feed. I have been very busy lately making art and taking care of my personal life. I just haven't had time for social media which sucks. But I use the automation so I can stay active and support my feed especially since so many of them support me.
What really bothers me are these rat-bastard douchebags who program their bots to follow me and then automatically unfollow me a couple days later. And for this reason I automatically unfollow them. I will still go to my unfollow list for inspiration but I will never like another one of their photos again.
I just don't know why people feel like they have to cheat the system. Just grow your stuff organically or quit wasting my time. You are ruining the experience for the rest of us and i will punish you for it. Automatic unfollow and no more likes. I will then extract every bit of inspiration from your work without providing you any support in return.
I would advise all of you to do the same. I don't care if people buy followers in order to fake being famous. That doesn't impress me anyways. But I no longer follow to follow unless I am actually inspired by their work. If some travel company follows me. I just wait for about two days and surprise they unfollow me.
Sorry for the rant but this has been driving me crazy lately. That is why I never follow for follow. I don't want to see a bunch of spam from Ariana fangirls, "I followback instantly memes" or thousands of bad duck-face selfies from the bazillions of wannabe it girls out there.
I do wish I was pretty. That way I wouldn't have to earn my followers and likes with talent or mutual support. That is not being sexist. But the first rule of advertising is that Sex Sells. But I just have to make my work look more sexy. I cannot make excuses. But lets face it: Older and Uglier people have to work a lot harder in this world for their marketing.
The overall message of this post is Follow people who inspire you. Follow people you might want to fornicate with someday. But don't follow people just because they followed you to inflate your numbers. I have learned that tagging likeforlike or f4f just degrades your brand anyways.
Thank you for your continuing support.
No comments:
Post a Comment